Thursday, June 14, 2007

Why?!

My oldest son is a couple of weeks away from his fifth birthday and is driving me crazy today. He has behaved like the devil has taken control of him. It started this morning. My parents and my younger sister all got up and dressed and everything like normal. My youngest son was dressed by me. But would Matt get dressed for school? No! He is perfectly able to do it himself and is good at dressing himself, but often refuses to. He spent at least an hour in just his pants. I was getting myself ready and preparing his drink and snack to take to school and getting my own breakfast. It came to the time we leave for school and he was still in his pants! I attempted to talk him into dressing himself and it didn't work. I told him that he could just go like that and went to take his hand to take him downstairs to put his shoes on. He began getting worked up. I guess he's as stubborn as me. I went to dress him and he began crying and screaming and kicking his legs. I tried to put his trousers on him and he kicked his legs so that I couldn't get both legs in. I instead went to put his top on and he put his hands on his head. It ended up turning inside out before I got it on him. I succeeded in dressing him eventually. He had his school jumper on over his top and just wore it inside out all day. I don't think he even noticed. I feel bad about it now though. That was just the beginning of my trials today. He cried and screamed all the way down the road to school. We walk it and he did that all the way. I was certianly tempted to hit him today. He really tried my patience. I had a normal day with my youngest. Except from the fact he spent this afternoon before we had to go back to school throwing their toys all over the dinning room and making a general mess of the place. Maybe there is something in the water today. After school Matt was fine on the way home. When we got here he refused to change OUT of his uniform again. That is routine and he always has a problem with it. The boys both refused to help clear up the mess. Despite the fact they were both falling over and hurting themselves in it. If I never have another day like today I will be eternally grateful! Why? Why do they have to behave like the devils spawn? They are barely school age. How can that be normal? How can I deal with them without resorting to violent abuse and shouting? They really drive me up the wall some days. Especially the older one. I am ready for a good fist fight now. Please direct me to the nearest drunken brawl? I'd like to join in and vent my frustrations! Okay maybe not. I am not the violent type really.

I went on you tube today to play music videos. I don't like the quiet much. I remembered how much I love the new Bond film and the theme tune in the opening sequence. I also love Stereophonics Maybe Tomorrow. That has been playing in my local co-op the last two times I have been in there. That was today and yesterday.
Yesterday I was out in town with my youngest boy and we were passed by two policemen on bicycles. That is not something you see everyday. They must be pretty fit, doing that. I live in a city. I used to live in the countryside all my childhood. I don't know what my point is. Anyway, it brightens my day if I see a fire engine. That probably makes me very strange. I don't know what it is about them. Sometimes I'm just like a big kid. The fire engines are big and red and have flashing lights and a siren. They are a pleasure to see. I fancy firemen too, but that is a completely seperate matter. Maybe I was a firefighter in a previous life or something. I think I have embarrassed myself quite enough for one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids can either be the cutest or the absolute worst, my little sister is really stubborn & sometimes, my god, I just think 'Arggghhh!' Definitely think girls are worse than boys though.

You see policeman on bikes all the time in London, horses are my favourite though, they just look so imposing & majestic, that's my end goal if I get into the police, complete my probation then apply for the mounted division but apparently competition is really fierce :o(

"I fancy firemen too" Hahaha, don't we all! Have to confess, have a soft spot for coppers sometimes & no, that has nothing to do with why I'm joining up! Ex who I'm still mates with is one & he just happens to suit uniform & looked very cute in it. Lol

Roses said...

Oooo...firemen...coppers *wipes drool from chin*

I do like men in uniform, don't quite know what it is, but it does it for me.

Kids...mine was really hard work until about 5 and a half, after that he became a human being and the constant tantrums sorted themselves out. I found the time-out worked really well for me. If only in that it gave me time to pour myself a quick drink, before wading back into battle.

Fab blog by the way.