Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm new to this

I've just set up a blogging site for me. Yay!
I have just put my little ones to bed a couple of hours ago. Read a story book till they were asleep. My throat still hurts. I have two little boys aged three and five years. My five year old (technically four since his birthday is not till the end of the month) is an antisocial little terror at home. I dread to think what he will be like when he grows up. My three year old is a climber. If we had mount everest in the back garden he'd be up it everyday. And wouldn't be put off by falling and hurting himself. He was climbing round the dinning room chairs this afternoon.

I have an ambition. That is to be a police officer. After reading a lot of the things that I have read about the job I think I must be crazy. But I still have the determination to do it. Only I have to wait till my sons are older. I can't put in the hours yet, assuming I'd make it past the recruitment process. I am worried the most about not being able to pass the fitness test. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. But I AM however applying to become a special constable. I have filled out the application form and just need two mates of mine to agree to be references. I am quite excited about it. I hope I make it. I mean I hope I get recruited as a special. My parents don't have any faith in me, that I can do that job. I am not enough of a people person aparently. They might be right, but I'm not going to let that stop me from trying.

Well that is enough ramblings for today. If anyone reads this it will be nice and if they are interested enough to return that's cool. Maybe I'll see you again tommorrow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't take any notice of what other people think, if YOU think you can do it & would be good at it go for it!

Im in the same kind of position re applying to the Police. I'm only 5ft ish & weigh about 6 & half stone & a few mates I've spoken to are like "no way would you be able to do that, you know you have to do really physical stuff, your too tiny!"

After getting people's opinions who are actually in the police & knowing I'm a good people person I am determined to go for it & will be applying later in the year/beginning of next year so fingers crossed :o)

Good luck for your application anyway :o)

Unknown said...

Thank you. That is quite reassuring.