Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The morning after

I hope I did not sound disrespectful or insulting with anything I said in my post yesterday, about PC Henry. My thoughts are with his wife today. I am actually as deeply affected by this as I imagine any police officer is. This case should most certainly not be used as a leverage for anything political. But at the same time it needs to ensure that something changes. The fact that I am not in the force or know no-one related to the fallen officer, actually matters not. I am just as affected by it as if I was. I find myself unable to stop thinking about Jonathan Henry and the effect his death is having on his wife. She must be in pieces. It is so tragic for his infant daughter. She will grow up not remembering her daddy and not having really known him. I'm sure she will be proud of him one day, just as I'm sure he will have been of his baby girl. His colleagues must be devastated. I imagine it is impossibly hard to face another day of work after someone you know and work with has been murdered. My condolences go out to all affected by this. Just like yesterday, I don't know what else to rabbit on about. Jon Henry's death is the only thing on my mind right now. I really need to try not to think about this so much. I will be unable to function if my mind is not focused on my own life.

3 comments:

Twining says: said...

Alexxinana you saw some of the hatred we have to put up with. Thank you for your kind words.

Twining says: said...

And one more thing, you know the comment about the fly in the cuppa! Was that a Twining's quip? If so, I got it!

Anonymous said...

It's really affected me too, I really don't know why, I don't know if it is because of his little girl who is going to grow up with the closest thing to her daddy being photos, it breaks my heart that she isn't going to remember him, especially when you see that picture of him holding her aloft.

And on top of that the comments that have been made, the ironic thing is people like that make me more determined than ever to join up, if only he knew!

I completely agree with PC Henry's death not having any political leverage but at the same time this can't keep happening, the police need protection & the government need to wake up & take heed of that fact.
Agree with you too about losing a colleague from a shift, there must be such a feeling of emptiness, a lost feeling, I guess it's times like that the team bond kicks in though & you would carry & support each other through that time though.

Condolences to his wife & little girl though. & of course his friends, family & colleagues.