Monday, June 11, 2007

Death strikes again

This morning a police officer died. He was stabbed to death in Luton. He had only been on duty for about fifteen minutes. And he was a young husband and father. I feel deeply saddened by this, on the verge of crying. I can't believe another good officers life has been taken. How can life be so cruel? I hate it when police officers die. It is truly one of the worst things that can happen. Of course it is awful when any person dies or is killed. But to me, that is the most awful death of all. And it keeps happening, with scary regularity. The current knife culture it so dangerous. I don't know what else to talk about today. This is the only thing that has affected me today. The only thing worth talking about. And this is the job I am looking to go into. I hope the day never comes when an officer from my region dies in the line fo duty. I expect officers from all regions think that. It is terrifying when it is close to home and for those who know the victim. It was not long ago when another officer was shot dead, trying to save his collegues. Isn't there anything we can do to prevent things like this happening?
Okay, I don't really have anything productive to say. I'm just venting and feeling really sad.
PC Jon Henry, todays victim. I hope he can be at peace and I'm sure he will be there in spirit to watch over his wife and baby daughter. So, so sad. I can hardly believe it.

No comments: